Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Top 5 Make-up Brushes

So I know I said that may next post would be a little haul of things I've collected over the past week or so, but I thought this post would be a lot more interesting then that one! I know I like knowing about which brushes other people love to use and discovering new ones, so let's get stuck into it! 

I know they all look a bit worn, but that's because these are some of my absolute favourite everyday brushes! There are 3 different brands here, Mac, Bare Minerals and Royal Enhance.

Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Brush.
There's something about this brush that makes it perfect. I use this to apply my setting powder usually and occasionally mineral make-up. I think it's because it's designed to buff product into the skin that makes this amazing to set your make-up with, and helps to make your face last longer. Definitely a must if you like to set your make-up a lot, a little pricey but worth it!
RRP: £24.00 (available at Boots)

Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.
This will forever be my favourite brush for blusher and bronzer. Because of the size it is, it's make applying anything a doddle! It also holds product very well, so even when you're in a rust you don't look like a clown or fallen in mud. Good for a long term investment and amazing quality!
RRP: £26.00 (available in Mac store and online)

Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush.
This is amazing for blending out any eye shadow or concealer. It makes working with any product a dream. Helps apply any product evenly and with grace. If you have never used this brush I suggest you go out and buy it, you won't be sorry! I love using this brush mostly with concealer because it just make your under eye area seem more awake, then using your fingers.
RRP: £22.00 (available in Mac and online)

Mac 239 Eye Shader Brush.
 When it comes to eye shadows I believe in you get what you pay for, but if you use a good brush then you'll get decent results every time. With this brush you can't go wrong, it just make any shadow glide on without difficulty and just justify's how much you pay for the brush itself. For a make-up lover, if you don't already have this, go get it!
RRP: £19.00 (available in Mac and online)

Royal Enhance Angled Eye Shadow Brush.
This is one of the best angled brushes I have ever used, and the great part is, it's dirt cheap. I picked this up on a whim, thinking that my normal one wasn't going to be dry in time to use it so I got this as a backup. This has been one of my best finds. It's dense enough but not too dense to use for my eyebrows, I love it and I recommend everyone who's reading this to pick it up and have a go! You can get it here.
RRP: £1.79 (available on eBay)

No comments:

Post a Comment